Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sobos are Weird People

8-25-09 day 84
start: Long Pond Stream Lean-To, ME
end: Carl A Newhal Lean-To, ME
daily mileage: 20.8
total mileage: 1087.1
Since we cut our day short yesterday, and were working on a deadline now, we had to make up the miles today. We were getting toward the last of the mountains until the Big K, and knocked out most of the Chairback Range today. We'll get the rest of them tomorrow and then it should be smooth sailing until the big one. Honestly it was a pretty uneventful day, but Disney had an interesting conversation with a Sobo he met. I had gotten ahead and not stopped to talk to the guy when I passed but Disney stopped and asked him how far up I was. Since I wasn't there I'll try to do it justice, but Disney goes, "So did you see my friend up there? Sometimes he gets up ahead of me." The Sobo responds, "Sometimes he gets ahead of you? Hill-arious!" Uhhh-yeah-what? Ok dude, I'll catch ya later-Sobos are weird people.

No comments:

Post a Comment