Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Missed Naps at Lunch

11-4-09 day 155
start: Fontana "Hilton" Shelter, NC
end: Brown Fork Gap Shelter, NC
daily mileage: 12.7
total mileage: 2027.3

I spent all last night tossing and turning. I don't know why I was so restless but I think the lack of sleep made breakfast that much more appreciated. Ox and Hopeful whipped up a big mess of pancakes, eggs, and bacon. Tons of food put us in a great, warm, full state. We sat around chatting for awhile and got a late start. We hiked half our miles before a late lunch. After lunch we got sucked into reading and both of us passed out into dreamland. Disney in the shelter, and I chose a nice sunny spot out in the dirt. After a 2 1/2- 3 hour lunch we got up and started down the old dusty trail. It was just like old times! The effect of daylight savings did, of course, put us into the shelter at dark. The only real adventure today was scrambling down the embankment to the water source. With a foot deep of slippery dry leaves and a 70 degree incline we would probably have been better off just sitting down and letting gravity take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment